Why Buy Local?
· Freshness: Locally grown food is harvested at its peak and only travels a short distance compared to conventional produce which often travels thousands of miles before it reaches its final destination.
· Nutritional Quality: Research shows that the nutrient levels in fresh produce decrease the longer food travels from farm to table.
· Economic Impact: When you purchase food from local farms, your money stays in the local economy.
· Agricultural Sustainability: Without the support of local consumers, many family farms would not be able to continue farming.
· Environmental Impact: Buying locally cuts down on carbon emissions as food does not have to be shipped and/or trucked across the country.